Baked Eggplant and Tomatoes
- 1 eggplant, medium-sized (about 1 1/4 pound)
- 1 can stewed tomatoes, or 2-3 medium sized tomatoes
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- 1/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 2 Tbsp Parmesan cheese, grated
- In a sauce pan, start water boiling.
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- Peel eggplant and slice into 1/2 inch thick slices.
- Add salt to boiling water, then add eggplant and let it boil for about 5 minutes, or until tender, then drain the eggplant.
- Combine tomatoes, thyme, garlic, and salt. In a casserole dish, layer eggplant, 1/2 of tomato mixture, and 1/2 of cheese.
- Repeat the layers.
- Bake for 20 minutes.
I’ve done eggplant rounds, topped with sliced grape tomatoes, of course garlic, salt and pepper to taste and Italian seasoning. Drizzle with EVOO, topped off with whatever delicious cheese is in my ref then bake. I usually guess the temperature (maybe 375) and start checking it after about 20 minutes. I never have a direct recipe when I start, I remember pieces and parts of others then whip up something. LOL