This is great to make the smoothie base once and keep in the refrigerator all week. It can also be poured into popsicle maker and frozen for a cold treat.
- liquid-cow or goat's milk, almond milk, coconut milk, plain yogurt, kefir, water, or coconut water
- fruit-frozen is best-banana, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- vegetable-spinach or kale
- fat-coconut oil, canned coconut milk, nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts), nut butters ( such as almond butter), seeds (chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds)
- In the blender, add 6-8 ounces of the liquid of your choice per serving.
- Add frozen fruit, equivalent to 1 piece of fruit per serving, and veggie, about 1 cup.
- Add your choice of fat (1-2 Tbsp), then blend all together.
- Pour it into a cup and if you have any leftovers they are perfect to pour into a popsicle mold for popsicles.