- 3 medium or 2 large organic beets, peeled and chopped up coarsely (not shredded or grated)
- 1/4 cup whey (see whey recipe)
- 1 Tbsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- filtered water
- Place beets, whey, and salt in a 2-qt glass container.
- Add filtered water to fill the container. Stir well and cover tightly.
- Keep at room temperature for 2 days before transferring to the refrigerator.
- When most of the liquid has been drunk, you may fill the container with water and keep at room temperature another 2 days. This will result in a slightly less strong brew than the first. After the second brew discard the beets and start again.
- You may reserve some of the liquid and use this as your inoculant instead of the whey.