This lovely breakfast frittata is very versatile and super easy to make. A Frittata is an Italian word for omelet. Most frittatas are baked in the oven, where an omelet is cooked stovetop but they share lots of similarities. For this particular frittata, these specific ingredients are great, but you can literally throw in any veggies you may have lingering around in the refrigerator.
Simple Breakfast Frittata
- 10 inch oven safe skillet or cast iron
- 8 eggs
- 1 cup greens (spinach, kale, chard, arugula, etc)
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ¼ cup bell pepper, diced
- ¼ cup grated parmesan or cheddar (optional)
- ½ cup zucchini, cubed (or any vegetable you like)
- ¼ cup diced cooked sweet potato (or any vegetable you like)
- 6 ounces grass fed ground beef (or chicken, pork, breakfast sausage, Italian sausage, etc)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp sea salt and black pepper
- May need more to taste
- Top with sliced avocado, cilantro, or parsley
- Heat coconut oil in skillet or cast iron over medium high heat, brown the ground beef and season with sea salt and black pepper, about 7 minutes.
- While this is happening, beat the eggs separately in a mixing bowl and reserve for later. Remove from the skillet and drain excess oil, reserve the meat for later.
- Next add the onion and bell pepper and saute until fragrant and softened.
- Mix the Parmesan or cheddar (if using), zucchini, sweet potato, ground beef, and the tsp of sea salt and black pepper to the beaten eggs in the mixing bowl, and stir to mix well.
- Pour the mixture into the skillet and bake for 18 minutes at 350F.