We are always looking for a breakfast proteins beyond just eggs. I really love these sausage patties because they are super easy to make and they freeze well. Also, if you’d prefer to keep it “scattered” you can do that also.
- 1 pound ground meat-pork, chicken*, beef, turkey or a mix of any of these
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp basil or marjoram
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, or other frying fat
- Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Wet hands, then mix all ingredients together.
- Melt the coconut oil or fat in a skillet on medium–high heat.
- Divide the ground meat into small balls a little larger than a golf ball, then flatten and pan fry in the skillet.
- Allow to fry on one side for 3-5 minutes, then flip and allow them to fry on the other side.
- Enjoy with your favorite breakfast!
*If using ground chicken or ground turkey, add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil into the patties before frying them so they do not dry out.