This is my absolute favorite recipe for the fall! These curried lentils are a perfect way to combine fall vegetables with the warming sensation of curry on a nice, cool day. This recipe can be prepared in a slow cooker and freezes well, so it can be very convenient for you as well. I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
- 1 Tbsp coconut or avocado oil
- 1 med onion, finely chopped
- 1 tsp garlic, minced
- 2 Tbsp curry powder
- 1 lb sweet potatoes, peeled & cut into 1” chunks
- 1 head cauliflower, stemmed and separated into florets
- 1 cup brown lentils
- 4 lg tomatoes, skinned & diced with seeds removed OR 2 cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup chicken broth
- sea salt or himalayan salt to taste
- Heat oil over medium to low heat, add onion and cook until softened.
- Add garlic and curry powder, then cook stirring constantly for 1 minute.
- Stir in sweet potatoes, cauliflower, lentils, tomatoes, and juice from tomatoes, broth and salt.
- Bring mixture to a boil and then reduce heat to a simmer.
- Cover and cook until lentils and sweet potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.