Hydration is so important for so many reasons. Being well hydrated allows the body to detoxify, it provides an avenue for moving nutrients throughout the body, and lubricates our joints and organs. Sometimes plain water can get a little boring. These fruit infused water combinations offer a pleasant hint of flavor – just enough to keep it interesting. While I’ve listed 3 here, the options are unliimited.
Fruit Infused Water
½ lime, sliced
¼ cup fresh mint leaves
¼-½ cup raspberries
½ cup sliced strawberries
½ lemon sliced
- Wash all fruit being used, specifically scrubbing the citrus fruit skin.
- Place the fruit or herbs in the bottom of a quart sized mason jar.
- Muddle or mash them with a spoon.
- Fill the jar with water or sparkling water.
- Enjoy immediately, or refrigerate overnight for maximum deliciousness.
Other considerations for infused water include:
- herbs – fresh rosemary or basil leaves
- fruits – watermelon, cantaloupe, blueberries, blackberries, grapefruit, grapes, cherries, apples
- veggies – cucumbers, celery