This cold, Gazpacho Soup is exactly what your body is screaming for during the hot summer months. It has the perfect amount of cucumber, tomato, and piquant flavor to serve as a side for any meal or as a light lunch. The quality of tomato juice (with just tomatoes and salt, not Bloody Mary mix) and olive oil will make a difference, so indulge yourself with the best you can find.
2 Tbsp balsamic vinegar
3 cups tomato juice
6 pickling cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and diced
4 green onions, thinly sliced
1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
2 cloves garlic, peeled
½ cup extra-virgin olive oil
3 jalapenos, stemmed, seeded, and chopped
1 tsp sugar
¾ tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
½ tsp white pepper
- Combine the tomato juice, cucumbers, chives, and red peppers in a large bowl.
- Transfer about ¼ of the mixture to a blender or food processor.
- Add the garlic, olive oil, jalapenos, sugar, salt, and pepper and puree until smooth.
- Pour the puree into the bowl with the vegetables and stir to combine.
- Add more tomato juice if necessary to thin to desired consistency.
- Chill for 2 hours and serve cold.