(Green) Deviled Eggs
- 2 Eggs, hardboiled preferably “country eggs” from pastured chickens
- 1 avocado, ripe
- 1 Tbsp olive oil or flax oil
- 2 tsp lime juice
- 1 tsp hot sauce (optional)
- 1/8 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1/8 tsp black pepper or white pepper
To Make Hardboiled Eggs:
- Add enough water to a saucepan to cover your eggs with 1 inch water (if you put the eggs in the saucepan to measure your water, take them out-do not boil water with eggs in the pan).
- Add a ½ teaspoon of vinegar (if the shells crack while boiling, the vinegar will help keep the egg in the shell).
- Bring the water to a boil. When the water comes to a rolling boil, gently add the eggs to the saucepan and boil for exactly 12 minutes.
- When the 12 minutes is done, remove eggs from the boiling water and place onto a dish towel and allow to cool.
To Make Deviled Eggs:
- Peel boiled eggs.
- Slice the eggs in half longways.
- Remove the egg yolk and place them into a bowl.
- Slice the avocado longwise, and then twist. The two sides should easily come apart to remove the seed. With a spoon, scoop the avocado into the bowl with the egg yolks. Start with 1/2 of the avocado, then add more as desired.
- Add lime juice, oil, hot sauce, salt and pepper.
- With a potato masher (or fork), mash the yolk-avocado mixture until smooth.
- Fill the egg whites with the yolk-avocado mixture.
- Sprinkle with paprika to add a little pizzazz and serve immediately!