- 1 1/2 cups Chickpeas (garbanzo beans), dried
- 4 Tbsp Vinegar (for use in chickpea preparation)
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice, fresh
- 2 Tbsp Tahini
- 3 cloves Garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
!DIRECTIONS TO PREPARE CHICKPEAS:
- Soak chickpeas in warm, filtered water to cover with at least 2 inches to spare plus 2 Tbsp vinegar for 24-48 hours. Change the water solution at least 1 time.
- Drain and rinse well. Cover completely with 2 inches of water to spare. Bring to a boil and then reduce heat to low, cover and cook at least 4 hours until tender.
!DIRECTIONS TO PREPARE HUMMUS:
- Put all ingredients into a blender or food processor and process. Depending on the size of your blender, it may be better to blend in more than one batch. Add water until it gets to your desired consistency.