This combination of braised turnips and carrots are the epitome of fall vegetables. The turnips have a savory flavor and the carrots are slightly sweet. Together they are delicous and nutritious!
Maple Braised Turnips & Carrots
- 1 pound small turnips, peeled and cut into cubes
- 3 medium carrots, peeled, halved, and cut into 1 inch lengths
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp maple syrup
- sea salt or himalayan salt
- ground black pepper
- Melt the butter in a large sauté pan. Add the turnips and cook, turning occasionally, over medium heat until lightly browned, about 8 minutes.
- Add the carrots, chicken broth, maple syrup, and salt and pepper to taste. Cover the pan and reduce the heat.
- Simmer until the turnips and carrots are tender, about 15-20 minutes.
- Remove the cover, raise the heat to high, and cook until the liquid in the pan reduces to a thick glaze, about 2 minutes.
- Adjust the seasoning as needed and serve immediately.