Pork and Cabbage
- 8 oz bacon (preferably pastured, humanely raised), cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3-4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 lb pork, ground
- 1 small cabbage, shredded
- 1 tsp Herbamare seasoning
- Cut bacon into 1/2 inch pieces and cook in a stockpot on low to medium heat. Once it is cooked, remove the bacon and leave the drippings in the pot.
- Place the chopped onions in the stock pot and saute them in the bacon drippings until translucent.
- Add minced garlic and stir slowly to prevent the garlic from sticking.
- Add the ground pork to the stock pot. Stir in 1/2 tsp Herbamare or other seasoning blend and cover. Stir occasionally.
- Once the pork is cooked, add shredded cabbage and 1/2 tsp of Herbamare and stir. Cover to allow the cabbage to cook until wilted. You may need to add a little water to prevent sticking.