My father-in-law plants a large garden every summer. When the green beans are ready for harvest it becomes a family gathering to snap, prepare, and freeze them getting them ready for the whole year. As we sit and snap the beans, we chat and laugh, along with making memories of a lifetime.
Roasted Green Beans with Garlic and Ginger
1 pound fresh green beans, snapped
2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 Tbsp fresh ginger, peeled & shredded
sea salt or himalayan salt
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Combine the oil, ginger, garlic, salt, and pepper to taste in a small bowl.
- Place the green beans in a zip top bag.
- Pour the oil mixture into the bag and zip.
- Toss the oil with the green beans until they are well coated.
- Place the beans on a baking sheet and put into the oven and roast for 25 minutes, until lightly brown, turning once.
- Serve immediately.