I’ve heard kohlrabi called “the alien vegetable,” as it has a very strange appearance. Once they are peeled and sliced they look a lot like white potatoes, although they have a little more of a “bite.” I’ll warn you, these roasted kohlrabi slices are slightly addicting.
2 kholrabi bulbs, peeled
1 Tbsp coconut oil , melted
1 clove garlic
sea salt or himalayan salt, to taste
freshly ground black pepper, to taste
1/3 cup parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 450F.
- Cut the kohlrabi into ¼ inch thick slices, then in half.
- Combine the coconut oil, garlic, salt, and pepper in a zip-top bag and mix.
- Toss the kohlrabi slices in the oil mixture to coat.
- Spread kohlrabi in a single layer on a baking sheet and bake for 15-20 minutes, flipping them over once when baking.
- Remove from the oven and sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Return to the oven, allowing the cheese to brown, about 3-5 minutes and serve immediately.