Sausage and Cranberry Stuffed Mushrooms
by Daphne Olivier | Nov 7, 2019 |
- 8 oz ground chicken or turkey
- 1 lb button mushrooms, stems removed & wiped clean with a dry towel
- ½ cup apple, roughly chopped
- ½ onion, roughly chopped
- ¼ cup pecans
- ⅓ cup dried cranberries
- ½ tsp rubbed sage
- 2 eggs
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Preheat the oven to 350°F and line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Add apple, onion, pecans, dried cranberries, and garlic to a food processor and pulse until everything is finely chopped, but not pureed.
- Heat a skillet to medium high heat and add the ground meat and cook for 4-5 minutes, working to break apart the meat so there are no big chunks as it cooks. Add salt, pepper, and sage.
- Add the chopped apple/onion mixture and cook for more 3-4 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool a few minutes before adding eggs. Stir around so all ingredients are well mixed.
- Spoon the mixture into each mushroom cap.
- Place in the oven and bake for 25 minutes or until mushrooms are browned and serve hot.
I have made this without the mushrooms and bake in a casserole dish. Very tasty!!