While the idea of blood sugar balance and insulin resistance are typically only discussed with diabetes, they are the underlying cause of much hormonal imbalance. While insulin is a hormone, it orchestrates what happens with the other hormones in the body including thyroid hormones (T4 and T3), adrenal hormones (cortisol and DHEA), and sex hormones (estrogen, progesterone, and testosterone). Which makes balancing your insulin of utmost importance when trying to manage any other hormones. Here’s a little about insulin resistance that may be helpful to understand.
Recent Recipes & Posts
- Probiotics, Prebiotics, Postbiotics- Oh My!
- Benefits of Pumpkin + Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Bread
- What are prebiotics?
- FAQ about Fiber
- An Overview of Fiber
- Lunch Ideas
- Quick Breakfast Ideas
- Food as Medicine – elderberry, lavender, ginger, lemon
- Food as medicine – what does that mean?
- How to Curb Sugar Cravings