Dietitian Daphne Smoothies from Dietitian Daphne on Vimeo.
This is great to make the smoothie base once and keep in the refrigerator all week. It can also be poured into popsicle maker and frozen for a cold treat.
- liquid-cow or goat's milk, almond milk, coconut milk, plain yogurt, kefir, water, or coconut water
- fruit-frozen is best-banana, strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, blackberries
- vegetable-spinach or kale
- fat-coconut oil, canned coconut milk, nuts (almonds, cashews, walnuts), nut butters ( such as almond butter), seeds (chia seeds, pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds)
- In the blender, add 6-8 ounces of the liquid of your choice per serving.
- Add frozen fruit, equivalent to 1 piece of fruit per serving, and veggie, about 1 cup.
- Add your choice of fat (1-2 Tbsp), then blend all together.
- Pour it into a cup and if you have any leftovers they are perfect to pour into a popsicle mold for popsicles.