We are always looking for a breakfast proteins beyond just eggs. I really love these sausage patties because they are super easy to make and they freeze well. Also, if you’d prefer to keep it “scattered” you can do that also.
- 1 pound ground meat-pork, chicken*, beef, turkey or a mix of any of these
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sage
- 1 tsp basil or marjoram
- 1 tsp white pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- ½ cup water
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, or other frying fat
- Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl. Wet hands, then mix all ingredients together.
- Melt the coconut oil or fat in a skillet on medium–high heat.
- Divide the ground meat into small balls a little larger than a golf ball, then flatten and pan fry in the skillet.
- Allow to fry on one side for 3-5 minutes, then flip and allow them to fry on the other side.
- Enjoy with your favorite breakfast!
*If using ground chicken or ground turkey, add 1 Tbsp of coconut oil into the patties before frying them so they do not dry out.
Freeze prior to cooking or after?
You can do either. If you freeze before cooking I would line a baking pan with parchment paper, put the patties onto the parchment paper and put the entire baking pan into the freezer. If you decide to cook them, then freeze just allow them to cool before freezing them.
What combo makes best tasting patty, I can’t have pork.
If you can’t have pork, consider going with ground turkey or ground chicken. You can do half and half also, but remember to add 1 Tbsp of coconut or avocado oil to the mix so they stay moist.