Asparagus is a vegetable that is often forgotten, however it is a great compliment to any protein and this Buttered Asparagus recipe is my favorite way to prepare it. Asparagus is fairly high in vitamins A and K, which are fat-soluble vitamins that work synergistically. The added butter in the recipe helps the body to absorb these vitamins, so don’t leave it out.
1 1/2 pounds asparagus
sea salt or Himalayan salt
Freshly ground black pepper
- Trim the tough ends off of the asparagus.
- Melt the butter in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Place the asparagus in the skillet in a single layer.
- Roll the asparagus in the melted butter in the pan.
- Sprinkle the asparagus with salt and cook them over medium heat until lightly browned and tender, about 5-7 minutes, shaking the pan occasionally to turn them.
- Remove the asparagus and season with pepper to taste. Adjust the seasonings as needs and serve immediately.