Nut Free Energy Bars
- 1 cup seeds (sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, or mixture of both)
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil
- Two big pinches sea salt or Himalayan salt
- 1 cup Medjool dates, pitted
- 1-2 Tbsp water
- Combine seeds with oil & salt and mix together thoroughly. Toast coated seeds in toaster oven at 350°F, or a pan on the stove (on low heat), until slightly brown.
- Combine all ingredients in a [food processor|http://amzn.to/1uuWUo2] and puree until mixture starts to stick together. Add a little more water if necessary to help mixture come together.
- Pick up date mixture and using your hands work to squeeze it together into one big clump. Mash it down on a cutting board or sheet of wax paper to form into one even rectangle shape using the sides of your hands (or a knife) to make the edges straight.
- Slice into even squares. For best results store in the fridge or freezer, although bars can be kept at room temperature.