The holiday season is filled with treats that make your taste buds sing with sweetness. However, these Spiced Walnuts provide a savory balance, all while being a good source of omega-3 fatty acids. Make them to keep around the house as a snack, or to give as gifts to family and friends. Either way they are sure to be a tasty delight that everyone will enjoy.
- 4 cups walnut halves
- ½-1 teaspoon Himalayan or sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 Tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1-2 Tablespoons avocado oil
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a small bowl, mix powdered seasonings together, then add Worcestershire sauce & oil.
- Pour the seasoning blend over walnuts, mixing well to make sure walnuts are covered.
- Place parchment paper* on a baking pan, then put the walnuts in a single layer and bake for 8 minutes, then stir the walnuts on the baking dish and bake for another 5-8 minutes. They will crisp after cooling.
Use caution because they will go from perfection to slightly burnt quickly.
*The parchment paper helps the walnuts cook more evenly, preventing them from burning on the bottom.
**Feel free to replace the walnuts with pecans if you’d prefer.