These perfect crackers are a great fit for when you want a crunch, without all of the additives that go along with it. Truth be told you can use a variety of nuts or seeds to make these crackers. My favorite way to eat them is with some hummus or avocado smeared on top.
The Perfect Cracker
2 cups raw, unsalted almonds
1 cup chia seeds
1 Tbsp + 2 tsp sea salt or Himalayan salt
1/4 medium onion, coarsely chopped
3 cloves garlic
1/3 cup nutritional yeast
1 cup filtered water + water to cover almonds
- Put almonds and 1 Tbsp salt in a bowl and cover with filtered water until the water is 1″ above the almonds. Allow to soak for 12-24 hours.
- Drain the water and rinse the almonds.
- Put almonds and 1 cup filtered water in a high powered blender and blend until coarsely chopped.
- Add chia seeds, onion, garlic, salt, and nutritional yeast. Blend until well blended and it forms a batter-like consistency.
- Place parchment paper on 2 dehydrating racks. Pour the batter onto the paper, smoothing to make the batter as even as possible.
- Dehydrate on 125 degrees F for 8-10 hours. After 2 hours, they can be scored using a pizza cutter. To keep the crackers raw they can be dehydrated at 115 degrees F, however it will affect the crispiness of the crackers.
- When complete, break the crackers apart and enjoy as you would any other type of cracker.