WORK WITH ME
You know that your approach to food is not serving you well.
You know that “food is medicine,” yet your food Rx needs to be renewed and you’re not quite sure what steps to take next.
Well you’ve found The Unconventional Dietitian, and we will help you rewrite your food prescription. We work primarily with adults, in person, phone, or through telehealth. We recognize that you are as unique as a recipe and we have the tools and framework to help you on your journey to growth.
Conditions we specialize in:
- Blood sugar imbalance (hypoglycemia, diabetes type 1 and 2, and gestational diabetes)
- Metabolic syndrome
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS)
- Insulin resistance
- Fatty liver disease
- Hashimoto’s disease
- Hormone imbalances
The quest to feeling great requires a journey, and one tailored to your uniqueness will offer you the greatest opportunities for success.You will receive a lifestyle game plan to jump start your healthy lifestyle transformation. One-on-one coaching and therapy sessions are perfect for the person who is committed to discovering their health through nutrition.
Primary Nutrition Service*
You get a detailed comprehensive nutrition & lifestyle assessment with a personalized action plan focusing on food, activity, supplements, + lifestyle guidance
private 60 minute sessions
review of lab work done by your practitioner + lab recommendations as needed
review of medications & supplements
if needed, a targeted nutritional supplement plan with a discount on healthcare provider quality supplements
*Primary Nutrition Services may be covered by your insurance provider.
Contact our support team at LWell for more information OR to schedule your appointment.
LWell is our nutrition concierge team that will answer your questions regarding scheduling and insurance coverage for services. Feel free to reach out to them with any questions you may have.
A La Carte Services
These services can be added to your primary nutrition services. While your health insurance can only be billed while we are having one-to-one sessions, these a la carte services can be added to support you our work together.
Do you wish someone would write meal plans specifically for you? Even give you recipes + a grocery list that will make putting healthy meals on the table easier for you? Here it is! All you do is choose the plan that works best for you, give it a trial, then when you realize it works great for you, enroll for a minimal monthly fee. Learn more about meal plans here.
Food Sensitivity Test
For digestive issues, an autoimmune disease, chronic migraines or suspect you have delayed food sensitivities this test will help to design that is specifically for you. This test includes:
- a food sensitivity test to identify your immune system’s reaction to 170 foods, natural and added food chemicals, and spices/herbs
- a personalized elimination diet with a systematic approach to food reintroduction
- specific food brands that will work with your sensitivities
If you have PCOS, are approaching perimenopause or menopause, have no sex drive, poor sleep quality, or if you feel like stress is impacting your health, this hormone test can give you answers. Completed using the Dutch Test, which is a urinary hormone test, it includes:
- complete review of hormones including estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, cortisol, DHEA, and melatonin, along with other biomarkers that are impacting hormones
- determine and maximize your body’s metabolism of estrogen
- find out if your poor sleep patterns are related to inadequate melatonin or progesterone
- you will get a comprehensive food, nutrient, and lifestyle plan to aid with balancing your hormones
- discount for healthcare provider quality supplements
The GI Map is an advanced stool test that provides insight about the root cause of many common gastrointestinal symptoms such as gas, bloating, indigestion, abdominal pain, diarrhea, and constipation. It is an advanced stool test that provides information for the management of gastrointestinal health and offers valuable insight into digestive function, intestinal inflammation, and the intestinal microbiome. Some conditions that warrant testing are:
- Autoimmune diseases
- Digestive complaints, diarrhea or constipation
- Brain fog
- Skin problems, like acne and psoriasis
- Mood disorders, depression, and anxiety
- Diabetes and weight loss issues